- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Honey Tangerine Juice
- 8 Fresh Hearts of Palm
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced Red Onions
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced roasted Red Bell Peppers
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced roasted Yellow Bell Peppers
- 2 Medium Honey Tangerines, peeled, cleaned, segmented
- 1/4 cup fresh Spinach, Stems removed
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Pounds of Stone Crab Claws, cooked, meat only, chilled
- 1 tbs. finely chopped parsley
In a small non-reactive saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and fruit juice. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by 3/4, or the mixture has thickened like syrup. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into a small glass bowl. Let cool completely. Slice each Heart of Palm into thin strips. In a mixing bowl, combine the hearts of Palm, onions, peppers, tangerine segments, tarragon and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with enough olive oil to moisten the salad. In another mixing bowl, toss the crab claw meat with olive oil, salt and pepper.
To serve, mound the Hearts of Palm salad in the center of each plate. Lay a couple of the crab claws around the salad. Drizzle the entire plate with Gastrique. Garnish with parsley.
Need to order fresh stone crab? Purchase some in our online store!