- 1 lb. ground Conch (Available in our Market)
- 1 – 1/2 Large White Onions, Chopped
- 4 large Tomatoes, Chopped
- 4 Green Peppers, Chopped (Green, Yellow & Red for Color)
- 8 Pepperoncini Diced
- 1/4 cup of Pepperoncini Juice
- 2 cups of Lime Juice (Fresh Squeezed is Best, or use Key West Lime Juice)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Wash ground conch and squeeze all excess water out. Place Conch in a glass container (do not use metal as an off flavor will occur). Cover ground conch with lime juice and chill for several hours, preferably overnight. Drain excess lime juice not absorbed from conch. (Don’t squeeze it out, just tip the bowl and let excess run off) Add vegetables, pepperoncinis and pepperoncini juice. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours prior to serving. Keeps great for 4-5 days. Serve with crackers (we recommend Triskets!)
Recipe serves 12-14 guests.