Curried Mayonnaise Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Small Spanish Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Coarsely Chopped
- 3 tbsp. Good Quality Curry Powder
- 2 cups Good Quality Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Key Lime Juice
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
Lobster Roll Ingredients:
- 3 cups Grilled Lobster Meat** (from 2 3 lB Lobsters)
- 1 large Stalk Celery cut into thick slices
- 1 cup finely diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup finely diced Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Curried Mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely chopped Cilantro
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 good quality Hot Dog or Hamburger Buns
- 1 Stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
Curried Mayonnaise Preparations:
Heat a medium saute pan on the grill or side burner over high heat. Add olive oil, onions, and garlic and cook until soft. Add curry powder, lower the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat & cool to room tempertaure. Combine the curry mixture, mayonnaise and lime juice in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Lobster Roll Preparations:
Combine the lobster, celery, bell peppers, onion, mayonnaise and cilantro in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Split the rolls and brush with butter. Grill split-side down, until golden brown, about 30 secs. Fill rolls with the lobster salad and arrange on platter.
Recipe yields 4 servings.
**Boil the Lobsters until cooked by way of pot with salted water on the grill. Remove and split in half. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 4-5 minutes, cut side down until just cooked through. Remove the meat and coarsely chop.